Smoked Gouda Dip Recipe
Ravara has published it's officially published one of it's recipes for the first time, giving our fellow cheese heads access to our favorite cheese dip. If you prefer your cheese cold or hot, this recipe caters to both!
Smoked Gouda Dip (Cold)
1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons red onions minced
- 8 ounces smoked gouda shredded
Empty mayonnaise into a bowl
- Add red onion.
- Shred cheese and mix the it into the mayonnaise.
- Let rest in a covered dish in your refrigerator for about 1 hour before serving.
Alternative (Smoked Gouda with Bacon):
8 oz smoked Gouda shredded
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 cup chopped cooked bacon
1/4 cup sliced green onions
Smoked Gouda Dip (Hot)
Thick and creamy smoked gouda dip is a flavorful, four-ingredient dip that’s great for dipping homemade pretzels, veggies, and more.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 17 minutes
2 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 cup milk* (see notes below)
1 1/3 cup shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- Place butter in a saucepan and set over low-medium heat.
Once melted, whisk in the flour until combined.
- Add milk and whisk to evenly mix.
Keep whisking as the mixture begins to thicken, about 10 or so minutes, or until it's to a point where it can thickly coat the whisk (or a spoon).
- Once the mixture has begun to thicken, add the cheese.
- Stir or whisk frequently as the cheese melts and the dip becomes smooth and creamy.
- Serve immediately* (see notes below)
*We used 1% milk, but use your preferred variety.
*This smoked gouda dip sets up as it cools, so it is best served immediately. Reheat leftover portions on the stove top over low heat, stirring until it becomes creamy and warm again.
translation missing: en.general.search.loading